Upgradingoemrearshocks

I HAVE A 06MERCURYMARINER FOR A BETTER RIDE,WOULD I BE AHEAD UPGRADING TO A PREIUM SHOCK? the suv has21ooo miles.

youmightbenefitfromupgradingtoairridesuspensionforyourcar.thoughidunnoiftheyselltheairrideforyouvehicle,youmightwanttoaskaroundabouthtat.

1 Like

Somewhere your English teacher is crying

Itdependsonwhatyouconsiderabetterride.doyouwantastiffer,moresportyride,orasofter,gentlerride?apremiumshockwilllikelygiveastiffer,notnecessarilymorecomfortable,ride.personally,i’dleaveitasisuntiltheshockswearoutin80ooomilesthendecide.noreasontogetridofperfectlygoodsuspensioncomponents.

By the way, spaces, punctuation, proper capitalization and the like make it a lot easier to read your question, and you’ll get better answers to boot.

Space bar broken?

I envision Tarzan sitting at the keyboard…I’d save the money and leave the factory shocks alone. Instead I would take the $500 you just saved by skipping the shocks and take some courses on typing and English.

No. All you can do is buy any shock and it may be an improvement. The ride won’t get better.

Define “BETTER RIDE.”

OOPSWEFORGOTTHECAPSLOCKKBUTTON.MYBAD.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Also, please define “PREIUM”.

I’ve got a 94 Q 45 and do some of my own work. I came onto the forum and found some of your replies which had me laughing out loud. I had to join and tell you this. Thanks for the laughs.

Going back 8 years for chuckles, you ROCK :v:

1 Like

I hope all of you who are mocking the OP find yourselves in a foreign country someday begging for help and instead being mocked by the indigenous people because you don’t speak their language properly. :imp:
NOTE: I realize that this might be a young man/woman who never learned proper English. If so, I feel sorry for him/her and place 100% of the blame on a badly broken educational system that has spent too many years forced to comply with bad federal laws and regulations and trying to be politically correct rather than teaching our children proper English skills.

To the OP, the vehicle is over 10 years old, and if these are the original shocks, new shocks might help, but upgraded shocks may not give you the results you seek. A “better” ride for some means a firmer ride, and upgraded shocks MIGHT do that for you, but a “better” ride to others means a smoother ride, and upgraded shocks will not do that for you. I’d suggest having the vehicle assessed by a reputable independently owned and operated shop. If your shocks are tired, new ones may be in order. If they’re not, I would not recommend replacements.

Note that I’m using the word “shocks” to include “struts”. A more proper term might be the English term “dampers”. Both struts and shocks have dampers, and those are largely what controls smoothness and stiffness.

While I agree with the sentiment, @the_same_mountainbik, I am unaware of any country in which keyboards do not come with spacebars. :wink:

2 Likes