U110C trouble code on a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L

Battery light was coming on intermittently. Took the alternator out to have it tested and it was bad. Replaced it and while doing so charged the battery (outside of the vehicle). Got everything put back together and started the vehicle, and then got a check engine light. Code came out as U110C. Rechecked all connections from the alternator repair and everything looked good. Disconnected the battery and started it again, 20 seconds later, I got the check engine light again and same code of U110C.

Any advice on what is causing this and how to fix it?

U110C is a problem w/the computer bus not transmitting the fuel level. I doubt this has anything to do w/the fuel level. Just some kind of problem with the various computers trying to talk to each other. I’d guess some kind of full system reset would be the first place to start. How to do that, don’t know. You may have to go to a shop w/the Dodge scan tool for that. If I had that problem and didn’t want to go the dealership I’d disconnect the battery negative overnight, and hope that would accomplish the reset. If not, then I’d go to the dealership. First guess for a cause is that replacing the battery confused the computers. Could be a bus connector that has been disconnected, or a body control module failure too.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Sometimes the best place to start with something electronic is to unplug it, let it sit, plug it back in and see if it works. In this case, I disconnected the battery overnight, reconnected it the next morning, and all is working just fine. Thanks again for your help.

1 Like