Typical cost of replacing Timing Belt/Water pump? 1990 Integra

Assuming everything that should be done with the job is done, then $690 would be a very good price around here. They want that much where I live for the single cam motors, and the DOHC ones usually run closer to 800-900.

@“Honda Blackbird”

• what is Front Main oil seal - is this the engine oil pan seal?
  • what are idler bearings - is this part of the tensioner assembly?

I did it to my 1999 and 1987 integras. 1999 had hairline crack - so I planned the repair - bought the parts at Acura - T-Belt tensioner is made by a 3rd party - so bought just that for much lesser price, $25. Had them to change the cam/crank(?) seals.

But for the 1987, the belt was damn good but the waterpump suddenly failed - loud sound was coming and it was pushing the T-belt out of the pulley so had it towed. M/c said the T-Belt tensioner was in good shape - there was no time to buy it online - so re-used it - the timing belt was still good but it is cheap too. M.c used a Toyota waterpump which coasted much less too. Cam/crank(?) seals were leaking too - all changed.

Each coasted around $750

We always recommend replacing the belt, tensioner and water pump at the same time. Gates has good prices and quality on these kits. Usually the total comes to $750-$950 or so for a 4 cylinder engine.

Thread Hijacking—OP has left building–probably coasted out

““Overboard I mean blackbird suggestion of changing all the parts while there on a 25year old car.””

Oh Really? Hahahaha… OH PLEASE…DO TELL Andrew… Which parts would you like to omit on your T-Belt job? I could use a good laugh this morning.

There are so many things wrong with your statement knocking my Modus Operandi regarding T-Belt Jobs…that I thought I’d keep it concise by simply focusing on only one aspect of it.

There’s a very good reason that I have INSANELY LOYAL customers, near ZERO comebacks for errors and people who stop in on their lunch breaks to sing “Happy Birthday” to this Humble Mechanic. None of these things are the result of luck or accident

Blackbird