Tundra won't start

I have a 2000 Tundra V8 automatic with 66,000 miles. I have had it since 2004 and never had any trouble at all with it until recently. It wouldn’t start. The engine cranks but it doesn’t fire. Battery is good. I had it towed to a local garage (not Toyota) and he couldn’t figure it out except that he thought it was something to do with the throttle body assembly. He ‘wiggled’ stuff and eventually the truck started but he doesn’t know why. So I brought it home and drove it a couple days then the same thing happens. I tow it back to the garage and he finally says to take it to the dealer. So, I tow it 90 miles to the dealer and they tell me I need a new throttle body motor for $1100 plus labor! I consent and also have them do the 60,000 tune up and replace front brakes. $2500 later I bring the truck home and drive it again for a couple days and then it doesn’t start again ! I call the dealer and he said that it NEVEr didn’t start for them and said they even ‘drove’ it off the flatbed when it was towed to them. He kept telling me that they never had a starting problem with it before or after the replaced throttle body motor. So, now I have to tow it back to them. I’m frustrated that it wasn’t fixed in the first place and even more so because they are basically telling me that 'It MUST be something else" and that they did there part. How can they ‘fix’ something and have it not keep working? What else could it be? Any comments would be greatly appreciated before I tow it back to them.

The next time it won’t start, spray a little starting fluid into the air intake (remove the air filter first).

If it starts then immediately dies, it’s a fuel flow/pressure fault. Perhaps a weak pump.

If when you spray the starting fluid in and crank the engine and it does NOT fire, you’ll have to find why there is no SPARK.
In this case there may be an ignition system fault, perhaps check the coil packs.

BTW, you don’t need to take the vehicle to a dealer. Try and find a reputable independent shop (preferably close by). (not the one you were already to)

Maybe I’m wrong, but methinks that dealer is blowin’ smoke and throwin’ parts.