Trump Sees Hope for Boosting Global Oil Prices and Helping U.S. Firms

More expensive gasoline - YAY!

2 Likes

Yeah, but you ride your bicycle everywhere. Maybe our friend with the Dodge truck looking for better gas mileage is on to this.

We’d be better off with $50/bbl oil and production in the US than $20/bbl for now, bankrupting most US producers, followed by ???

6 Likes

My comment was irony. How would Republicans react if a Democratic president asked foreign countries to drive up the price of oil?

I’m for $1,000/bbl oil.

1 Like

you did…and I certainly don’t (and that’s about as far down this rabbit hole as I’m willing to chase before Caroline shuts it down)

3 Likes

Good afternoon, yes, that is political. Please, with all good will: cut it out!

5 Likes

Yes, ma’am, sorry ma’am! :blush: The devil made me do it. I’m quite ashamed of myself, although I didn’t start it (this time)… :wink:
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Putin and the Saudis would like to drive down US oil production. Causing the market price to fall below the US companies’ production costs is something that Saudi and Russia can stand longer than many of our companies can.

Ads like that are typically placed by entities sowing discord, not by any legitimate organization.

Can we please drop this line of discussion?

3 Likes

My great grandfather used to say if you need eggs, it does not matter how much they cost, I am not sure everyone can afford gas no matter what it costs.

@common_sense_answer Our site uses a third-party service that places ads. I don’t get the ones you’re seeing—mine are for hand sanitizer and auto repair near my place. So it must use some combination of location data and search info or something.

It’s not political bias, and it’s not Car Talk. I have no interest in getting you to talk more about politics than you already do.

6 Likes

Russia and Saudi don’t need to shut down US production (although lots of low production wells will be shut in). They’re shutting down US drilling, which will have longer-term impacts.

@RandomTroll shouldn’t have done it, either.

What did RandomTroll do that he shouldn’t have?

I don’t get it. It’s always somber faces when Christine Romans or one of the others announces lower oil prices. Who would benefit from higher oil prices? Beside the oil companies. Somebody explain why I should be paying more for gasoline and oil products.

He’s used a picture of Hans Conried for himself. No?

1 Like

You have much greater vision than I. Nailed it! Silly me just a pic of my dog at the lake sitting on her favorite kneeboard. Missing the golden retriever, :frowning:

This is just a random thought… The moniker? :smirk:
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Advertisements you see on most websites are based on the cookies. Cookies are added to your system as way to see where you’ve been and what you are searching for. Advertising on web pages then read those cookies and customize ads for you. So if I did a search on Tool boxes a day ago, this web-site would read the cookies on my system and customize ads for tool boxes.

You can delete the cookies on your system. But cookies have a lot of other uses like lasted visited bookmark. It’ll be like you bought a new computer and using it for the first time.

The easiest way and most secure way you should be browsing the web is with a dedicated VM. And if you have the disk-space then backup the VM every once in a while. Then if someplace you browsed to somehow corrupts your VM…you throw it away and start using the backup. Keeps the OS you use for everything else secure.