Trump Sees Hope for Boosting Global Oil Prices and Helping U.S. Firms

Yes, I know. I choose to leave the cookies in there for that reason. Thank you for the explanation. :slightly_smiling_face:

There are about 150,000 people in the US oil industry, many in good-paying jobs. If oil stays at $25/bbl, I think 100,000 could lose their jobs. Most US operations would stop.

And when oil is at $100/bbl there are hundreds of thousands (if not millions) who make the decision every day to either put (GOOD) food on the table or buy gas to go to work. Sorry kids I had to get gas to go to work today. Pasta or peanut butter sandwiches again tonight.

1 Like

Who said anything about $100 oil? $50/bbl would sustain those jobs and keep production up enough to keep prices in that range.

Shut down the US oil drilling and you will see $100 oil.

Alright
then let’s use $50/bbl. Same thing. We have 38 million people in this country living at poverty level. Any increase in gas is devastating for many of these families. Gas prices go up, then cost of EVERYTHING else goes up too.

1 Like

You’re missing the point. $25 now means $100 later. Is that what you want? $25 isn’t sustainable, by anyone, Russia and Saudi Arabia included. Their goal is to shut down US drilling so they can get back to $100/bbl.

That’s right
and thus the main reason we should be moving away from oil.

1 Like

Uh
 We are moving away from oil!
However, the complete transition won’t happen over night. People are free to begin their personal transitions now if they choose. I have.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

I agree. We should have started during the first oil embargo.

1 Like

Jonathan Harris. I liked Conried.

So you ditched your current car(s) in favor of an ev . . . ?!

2 Likes

Nope! However, that’s coming soon, very soon.

By the way, once again, you might want to reread, rather than misconstruing or implying what I said, guy.

Did you skip over the part about “However, the complete transition won’t happen over night.”

I’d talk about all that I’ve done so far, transition wise, but you’d probably trash that too, based on how you hang on my every word (The ones you choose). :grin:

I suppose, though, that just having a fan club and being so popular is kind of fun in itself! And I thank you for that! :grinning:
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Reduced consumption is the first step, I have been driving 4 cylinder cars since 1983 while others have been driving SUVs and driving excessively.

1 Like

People drive what they NEED. Can’t haul my camper and all the gear with a 4-cylinder.

When I buy a vehicle, MPG is part of my decision. I had bought a new smaller camper in 2013 since it was basically my wife and going camping
or my youngest and I doing some camping and then do some mountain hikes. In 2014 I bought a new SUV for towing and didn’t need a vehicle the size of my 4runner. The HL was a good size. Easily 20% better gas mileage then my 4runner.

Funny how “market price” is so sacrosanct until it cuts into profits.

1 Like

+1
I own only one vehicle at a time, and if I had to rely on a 4 cylinder sedan, I wouldn’t be able to haul the stuff that I need for maintaining my lawn & garden, for doing big repair projects around the house and yard, and for carrying large items that I buy at Costco, or Best Buy, or Lowe’s, or Home Depot.

Hardly a week goes by that I don’t see somebody with a sedan who is trying–unsuccessfully–to put a large-screen TV, or a lawnmower, or furniture, or
 whatever
 into his/her trunk.

If I owned more than one vehicle at a time, I would certainly make an economy sedan one of them, but because I only own one vehicle at a time, I feel that I need one that can do essentially everything for me.

This is why I miss my convertible
I brought home a 49" LED TV in the box years ago by putting the top down and sliding it into the back seat :sunglasses:

Yup!
A convertible would work for many of the tasks that I call upon my Outback to do.
A sedan
 nope!

1 Like

I drive a 4 cylinder SUV on the weekends and ride an electric bike to work.

I noticed the oil prices too. There’s almost no traffic. Unless gasoline customers come back, oil sales will slow badly, as they have already slowed. Gasoline should be about $1.20 per gallon but are over $1.75 in my area. I wish that the lack of demand would push the price down. I could accept the price if the $1,200 checks were already issued and the money to small businesses came through. People are running out of money even though the stock market has been saved and the oil companies are OK. I buy gasoline and senior coffee which is still eighty-six cents.