Trouble Code on Dodge RAM pickup

I have a 1996 Dodge RAM 1500 pickup with the 5.9L V8. It is showing a trouble code of P0740 which says its the torque converter clutch solenoid circuit malfunction. My question is, where is this circuit or relay so that I can replace it? Also are there any other sensors on the transmission that I can check? Thanks.

Please do not throw parts at it until you know what is wrong.
It could be wires,connectors or relay.
Sometimes another relay on the truck can be swapped before buying one but it must be correct one.

Does the truck have any drivability problems? Tranny shifting OK?

Once you’ve ruled out fuses and relays, the only thing left is the torque converter clutch solenoid. Replacement involves removal of the transmission pan and valve body, if not more. I would not recommend doing this on your own unless you have prior experience with the internals of a transmission. I have only ever done one, and it was on a FWD vehicle, older GM. You do need to get this taken care of. Not having your torque converter lock up when it’s supposed to results in more heat and slip in the transmission, which leads to damage and premature failure.

The truck seems to be shifting ok. It doesn’t shift hard or anything. It is shifting at the normal intervals. Thanks for responding.

Thank you for responding. I am going to look at all of the electrical connections today and check the relays and wiring. If that doesn’t do it, then I will take it to a shop since I have only replaced transmissions and have never gotten into any internals of them.

Thanks for responding. I am going to look at all of the electrical stuff today and see if that solves the problem.

If it’s not broken, don’t fix it…Never let a computer-generated dash light force you into making major repairs without first verifying the NEED for those repairs…