Transmission stops working at 3.2 miles .... HELP!

Do you know if the transmission fluid was ever serviced while your mother owned the car?

Tester

I wondered that too. The transmission may have failed due to simple neglected (lack of) maintenance.

1 Like

I do not know honestly. I owned the car for about 9 months it basically sat in my driveway i got it off a friend for 1200.00 and then gave it to her when her van died (it had 468k miles on it) She never mentioned servicing to me.

Is this a misprint ?

Ask your husband to go out and pull the dip stick to check the color of the transmission fluid.

Tester

Nope it was a old Chevy Astro van that she had forever and it actually didnt mess up on its own my brother was changing something on the engine and broke a bolt off inside it or something of that sort.

i will tell him to check it this evening

I did not read that as the vans mileage . I thought you were referring to the vehicle you gave to someone .

Oh no! That was the milage on her van when it broke down and I gave her the Kia we are talking about only has 51k on it and its a 2005

Yeah. Iā€™ll just add that my 88 year old dad wrecked his transmission in about ten minutes. Winter. Came out and said his foot got stuck and circled the parking lot a couple times and drove it into a snow bank to stop it. About $2200 for a new one the next day. They donā€™t always tell you the full story but there were witnesses.

I donā€™t think 50-60k miles without a fluid change killed the trans. Did we ever find out for sure that the fluid level is correct?

1 Like

Nope. Ten character minimum.

1 Like

So has someone has been dealing with this for 2 years and paying insurance and registration rather than taking it to a mechanic?

1 Like