Transman - Lexus 300RX Auto Transmission Flush

I recently posted the question of 70,000 miles no transmission fluid changes - should I or shouldn’t I do it. One reply said do a flush with a filter change. Is this the best and safest way? I’m still getting a 50 - 5o do it - don’t do it. I’m confused. Can someone clear this up for me.

There is usually agreement that the safest method is to remove the transmission pan in order to remove debris at the same time that the fluid is changed.

A flush, if properly done, should not be a problem–but there have been instances of damage when a flush was not done properly. In order to play safe, I would recommend dropping the pan and simply changing the fluid.

Do NOT go to AAMCO, Lee Myles, Cottman, or any other transmission chain unless you relish the idea of being told that the transmission “needs work”"–whether it really does or not. Look for an independent transmission shop that has been in business for at least three years. And, in the future, try to adhere to a 30,000 mile regimen for changing the trans fluid.

My first question to you is what does the fluid look like now?? Does it look pink? Does it smell burnt?? If the fluid is not contaminated, I would just drop the pan, clean it real good (Note any debris in the pan)replace the filter, re-install pan and refill.

transman

Thank you for your reply.

I don’t know who transman618 is, but he/she is NOT Transman.

???

Real or not, I agree with him(her?)