Transaxle control module

I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Flex Fuel. I need to know exactly where the transaxle control module is located on this vehicle

I wish I could work without a manual again. I want to build a bridge back to 1976.

Autozone has a repair guide for the van.

http://www.autozone.com/shopping/repairGuide.htm;jsessionid=C57307A6AEE10641239D380EA7B4122A

The Component Location link just states (the obvious) the module is mounted on the transmission.

Ed B.

I’m curious. Please tell us why you need this info. While these modules do fail, it is uncommon, especially in a van as new as yours.

Hi, Ok the van was only going to like 40 & then it seemed like it wouldn’t go any faster without making this noise. We took it to Autozone the first time. One code came up twice. It 0725 or something like that which said it was the speed sensor. We replaced them & had the engine light reset. It came back on the next day. One minute the van drove great the next minute the same problem happened again. If you let the van sit for a while then drive it again the problem goes away. It comes & goes. We took it to Autozone two more times & the same code both times came up & that was 0700 which is the transaxle control module and/or faulty wiring. We are just replacing the whole thing so if the wiring is faulty then we will have new wiring with the new one. I talked to several mechanics who have told me just the opposite of what you stated & that was that this was something that is common in these vans. It even stated that online as well. Do you know exactly where it is located. We know that you have to take the tire off to get to it & what it looks like & that it is easy to install.

Yes we went through that manual & it didn’t help. It showed us where the speed sensors are which have already been replaced but do you know exactly where it is located. We know that you have to take the tire off to get to it & what it looks like & that it is easy to install.

No, No… The 0700 code is telling you that there is a transmission control problem… You are going to need more than a code reader to check this. There is a manufacturer specific code set which is going to require a SCANNER to check it. Time to hit a transmission shop. To answer your question about the location of the TCM, on the vans they are usually located in the engine compartment behind the radiator, usually on the drivers side.
Dont go changing the TCM yet. Like NYBo said they usually dont go out. Get a scanner on it and post back with the code/s

transman

Listen to Transman.

There are two speed sensors, and the usual practice is to replace both.

BTW, you WON’T get a new wiring harness with a new TCM.