Tranny or otherwise

Would anyone have any idea why my 2002 cavalier keeps blowing the ERLS fuse?? Happened a while ago, and I heard the pop. Then my check engine light came on, along with the off trac light and the air started blowing hot air, and it won’t shift out of first gear. It is an automatic. I replaced the fuse, quit using the A/C and it ran for a couple weeks but not real far. Then after a 6-8 mile round trip it blew again and I can’t seem to find any answers for a very odd problem. If anybdy can help or has heard of this before, I would sure appreciate an answer or at least where I should take it. THANKS.

Check and clean the connections is always step 1, for me, what a mess of options
ERLS powers:

• Transaxle Range Sensor (top of tranny, aka ‘Neutral Safety Switch’).
  • Backup lights (via the TRS).
  • Vent solenoid (on the charcoal canister, in the wheel well under the coolant reservoir).
  • Purge solenoid (on the rear of the intak manifold, beneath the Ignition Control Module (‘coil pack’).
  • Radiator fans (via the relay at the base of the windshield, passenger side, underhood)
  • Linear EGR (exhaust gas recirculation valve).
    If it was me I would go to the dealer, they at times are a better option and I think this is one of those times.