Tranny fluid check

Tell me i didn’t up to screw bad. I checked the trans. level in my 2007 Accord and it was down a little.

So, in my stupidity i put about 2-3 oz. of power steering fluid in. My bad

Well, you should wait for a real transmission expert to stop by and say something definitive. But power steering and transmission fluids are both basically just hydraulic fluids. In fact, my 2 vehicles take the same fluid in the trans and power steering - i.e. trans fluid goes into my power steering. If you’re talking about 2-3 ounces I’m sure your transmission will never notice.

What kind/brand of ps fluid was it?

How long until its due for its next service? (Should be serviced every 30K miles or so).

Keep in mind that I may get corrected by someone more in the know.

Honda fluid is special, and may not be the same as the power sterring fluid. In my Nissan, the dealer puts Auto transmission fluid in the power steering, but Nissans take the standard stuff.

I would have the fluid drained, just to be sure and refilled with new Honda fluid. That would sufficiently dilute it.

Again, if it were a Nissan, I would not be bothered.

I wasn’t trying to imply that they are exactly the same. Just that they are both very similar kinds of fluid. (My real guess is that the trans is probably due for service anyway).

Yes, transmissions don’t consume fluid. If it was down a little, then there is a problem that needs to be addressed.

The transmission takes 3.2 quarts(96 oz.) for a tran. fluid change. Car has only 20,000 miles.

2-3 oz won’t harm anything. Forget about it. There’s a lot more than 3.2 qts in there. Only about half of the fluid comes out when you drain it, the rest stays trapped inside.

I decided to drain and refill the Transmission as punishment for my blunder

Dont worry about it. Although its not totally the same, power steering fluid is also a hydraulic fluid. Automatic transmissions are hydraulically controlled. It’ll be fine.

transman

Thanks transman618. I was hoping you would chime in