Tranny diagram for 2004 Chevrolet Venture

Why aren’t there any diagrams of the tranny in the Chevy Venture?

Where are you looking? As I read your post, you are looking IN the car for some diagram. What diagram? And why?

No, I’m not looking IN the car. I’m looking in Chilton’s and any other alleged car repair book. There are brief directions for taking out the transmission, but nothing about replacing the Pressure Control Solenoid, the failure of which is the cause of van’s being parked since November.

You’re going to need the factory service manual to get that kind of information

The factory service manual has a section for repairing or rebuilding the transmission. Both Chilton’s and Haynes are geared to more rudimentary procedures.

Go on line and look up 4T70 transmissions. You should find a number of youtube videos showing the operation, dismantling, and workings of the transmission. I was lucky to find a schematic diagram for a 6L80 transmission showing the layout of the clutches and one way clutch. It did not show the fluid passages and the shift valving. Il am not sure if the 4T70 is an in transmission TCM or still governor/throttle valve transmission. You will have to determine that. Good hunting

Here’s the location of the Electronic Pressure Control solenoid on the transmission.

Tester