Toyota yaris engine diagrams

Does anyone know where I can get the diagrams of the Toyota Yaris engine parts? I need to build a digital twin (3D model) of the engine to use in a VR application where assembly/disassembly of the engine is taught. Please any help will be appreciated

I am not familiar with the Yaris or 3D printing but maybe you can find what you are looking for on this site…

Toyota 22RE Engine Expansion Pack by Mindless - Thingiverse

This is what a 3D-printed Toyota engine looks like - Toyota UK Magazine

Thank you for your answer, it is not exactly the Yaris engine, but it will be a good alternative. It is an amazing work. Thank again

Unless someone has 3d scanned each and every part of a Yaris engine and made it shareable, and why would they?, you likely won’t find it.

Toyota certainly isn’t going to share their 3d models unless you make them a compelling offer.

You could buy a Yaris engine and scan it yourself, build models of each part and assembly.

1 Like

I can think of many engines more worth the effort than one from a Yaris .

1 Like

He’s asking for a virtual reality application where engine disassembly/assembly is taught. Technicians need to be taught repairs on all engines, not just the complex ones.

Many OEMs are bringing in Remote Viewing and Virtual Reality for technical training. Ford has SWIS (See What I See) as a technical assistance resource and is starting to use Pico VR for training. Instead of shipping engines around the country for training, students can use a VR headset to learn.

4 Likes

Actually i just need the drawings of the engine parts. With them I can make 3D models by myself

That is the idea.

Im seeing a couple micrometers, a couple calipers, and a junkyard engine in your future.

This thread reminds me of something I think would be useful idea. A diy-er oriented tv show showing how to repair/maintain a car using cartoons instead of traditional camera photography. Sort of like a cartoon version of This Old House. Cameras work well for This Old House b/c the parts they are showing (2 x 4’s and the like) are big and well exposed. Cars on the other hand, the parts are small and tend to all be scrunched together. Hard to tell one from the other using camera photography… A cartoon presentation seems like it could make the pertinent parts easier to see.

Car manufacturers don’t do 2d drawings anymore and they don’t release them to the public. They exclusively work in 3d sold models created in Catia, UG or other software.

1 Like

Absolutely. I doubt any company of reasonable size generates 2D drawings anymore. We haven’t for a decade at least. And then it was just for the smaller shops doing prototypes that didn’t have automated fabrication. All our suppliers demand 3D models for everything, even simple sheet metal brackets. They import those directly into their CAD/CAM software.

From design perspective, all engineering functions share 3D models for concurrent development. The 3D software can do exactly what the OP is looking for without any added work- (de)construct the top level assembly in animation to show how it goes together from any angle of view. These are useful for Manufacturing Engineering and Production to develop the work instructions for building the product.

We also have Hololens technology that allows others anywhere around the world to watch what someone is doing from their POV perspective. Taken to the next level, this technology can project images onto the wearer’s lens and highlight which fastener to torque next for example and can tell if they missed any. It is quite amazing technology.

1 Like

All of our drawings when I worked were 3D CAD. It took a lot of computer power to use them efficiently. I had an engineering laptop with an Intel i7 processor, math coprocessor, and a separate graphics processor and it wasn’t fast enough to use well. It took a few minutes to load the drawing and too long to rotate or perform other manipulations. I used it for basic understanding of geometric relationships and not for manufacturing. Mechanical Systems didn’t want to pay for my use of the CAD system, and each seat is pretty expensive. I used a version of Adobe Acrobat to view models. That was a reasonable alternative for my use.

1 Like

It’s even worse for simulations. Up until maybe 5 years ago, I had a remote ME doing thermal simulations on a laptop that took overnight to run. Now laptop computing power is on par with desktop systems but it is expensive and the fan noise is somewhat disruptive due to the high power dissipation during computationally intense sessions. But it only takes about an hour now to run similar simulations. The 3D PDF outputs have come a long way as well and don’t need a seat to view/interact with them. You can view almost every detail but at slightly lower resolution; rotate and layer selections.

@gonzalodiazxr Just because I am nosy why the Yaris engine ? I don’t want you to give away your goal in this endeavor but I fail to see any practical use for a VR application .

What year? I haven’t heard ‘math coprocessor’ for some time.

I was shooting from the hip. I don’t have the laptop anymore. My point was to say that my laptop had a lot of power, but not enough to handle the 3D renderings our MEs produced. They were built for mechanical dynamic simulations. Our Thermal Engineers reduced those models to a manageable number of nodes for their simulations and then we took the thermal models and reduced them to a manageable number of nodes for our mass transport models.

Oh, just curious. It is surprising how some programs that are just dealing with geometric depictions can be such processor hogs. I run into that in my work.

Have you seen the latest 3D model renderings? No exaggeration, it is hard to tell the difference between them and the real thing. Not sure if this will get even more downgraded by the upload here but let’s see- this is a 3D model that has already been reduced resolution for presentation purposes-

Capture55

Yes, some are just about photo realistic. I can imagine the processing power needed is immense, hence all the money spent on video cards. My experience is with static and dynamic 3D simulations, sometimes the static models aren’t much quicker than the dynamic models.

1 Like