Toyota gas pedal recall

I have been told by Toyota that because my Rav 4 2009, was made in Japan, that I do not need the repair. They used the VIN number to verify that. I would assume that no the parts would be the same in the US and Japan. What do you think?

That is correct…Vin number beginning with J not part of recall. check this web page for yourself…
http://www.toyota.com/recall/?srchid=K610_p277898695

Your car uses a part made by Nippon-Denso that is a different design from the recalled models…

Toyota & Honda dropped the ball on handling the recalls , they should have came forward with a full disclosure. Instead of waiting for a huge media blitz and tons of public pressure. But Toyota & Honda are not alone , I never seen so many car companies having recalls all at the same time. I had no idea my car which is not even a Toyota or Honda, was affected until I searched on http://www.carpedalrecall.com and found I had a bad Anti Lock control unit on my 2008 Pontiac G8 , So be careful

It’s amazing…Cars were made from 1905 until 1980 without a single recall…Those must have been really high-quality vehicles…Those Corvairs, “Unsafe at any speed”, I don’t remember them being recalled…

In the age of instant news access, we’re inundated with information at every turn.

The absence of recalls does not mean that the cars were safe. It was merely that there were no government mandates for safety-related issues in those days. That fact, coupled with fewer instances of law suits by consumers, allowed car manufacturers to get away with not dealing with issues that existed with their cars.

As but one example, a defect in the design of the power brake booster of '53 Buicks caused many of them to suddenly lose braking power. Even though there were many incidents and accidents as a result of this known issue, GM did not recall those cars. The absence of recalls in “the old days” should not be interpreted as meaning that the cars were free of defects.

What? You mean my '61 Beetle wasn’t safe?