Toyota coolant pink or red?

coolant

There seems to be 7 or more coolant types. Just when I got used to the different ATF types. Can the pink be added to the red ? Are they the same? If I run low and don’t have at home, add distilled water ?. Does the moderate weather in Hawaii factor in ? Silicates, etc… Thanks…Mike

Use the coolant specified in the owner’s manual. Don’t mix coolant types. The weather doesn’t matter.

According to the Toyota technical service bulletin at the following link, the pink and red coolant is fully compatible and can be mixed. I have topped off the red coolant in my Toyotas with the premixed pink and vice versa without any adverse effects.

In any event, topping off with distilled water is fine. You won’t be adding enough water to appreciably change the mix ratio unless you have a leak. Just remember to replace your coolant every 2-3 years, or as recommended in the manual.

Prestone and others make a universal fluid that I’ve been using for years…It’s compatible with ALL other manufacturers. Never had any issues for the past 5 years…

Prestone and others make a universal fluid that I’ve been using for years…It’s compatible with ALL other manufacturers. Never had any issues for the past 5 years…

Mike, You should read the prestone bottle closely. I don’t think it says that it replaces all coolants. It said it can be added to any coolant to top it off.