Total truck

my bother in-law truck was total by the insurance so he bought it back the truck was a 1996 dodge sports dakota.he bought it back.he did not replace the air bages but he did fix it to run and pass the wshp.

what the price .144,000 milage on it.chuck

my bother in-law truck was total by the insurance so he bought it back the truck was a 1996 dodge sports dakota.he bought it back.he did not replace the air bages but he did fix it to run and pass the wshp.
144,000 milage on it.chuck

totally nothing

I agree. Chuck it.

if he got an offer of $500, take it. No one will want to buy a vehicle where the airbag has been deployed and not replaced. It now has a salvage title and is worth about as much as the paper the title is on.

You might be surprised at the number of people who DO NOT LIKE air bags. Very minor damage will “total” a vehicle over eight years old. I’ve seen them condemned by a bird strike. Air bags are the most expensive part of this repair. A good '96 Dakota might bring $2500 to $3000. This one should bring at least half that.

I’m curious. Who wouldn’t like airbags? The same people who don’t like to wear seat belts? Seeing you don’t need to do anything or put anything on to get airbags to work, I can’t see any downside to them.

I think what’s meant is that deployed airbags cost so much to replace, insurance companies might well total a vehicle that they’d probably repair if it weren’t for the additional cost of airbag replacement.

Well that, and, can you name any shop that would replace an airbag system? I don’t think any shop wants that liability hanging over their heads.

or did you mean alter or remove an airbag system?

if the OP really got the truck to pass inspection… please tell me where to stay away from buying used vehicles.

if the vehicle came with something, it darned well better have it upon resale, or there is a heck of a liability.

you didnt say, but how much did he pay for it???