Too old to drive!

@irlandes
There are a lot of younger drivers out there who menace the road more then many in the 70 to 75 year old category. Younger drivers who over estimate their skills are much more dangerous then an older driver who understands his limitations. So I need a potty break more often …big deal !

The problem with hitting throttle instead of brakes is exactly why I have driven with both feet since 1973. I have big, clumsy feet and even when I was young, had a problem with that. No more. When the car starts, the first thing I do is align my feet with the correct pedal, and no more problems.

Moving your feet back like dancing rock and roll is inherently dangerous, and is not needed on automatic transmission cars.

In Mexico, where most cars are manual transmission, it is much less common to see older people driving in cities.

Yeah I’ve been driving with both feet all my life or at least since I was 13. My Drivers Training instructor just told me not to for class and then I could do what I wanted. Others will argue but I find it much more effective and have never had a problem converting when using a manual transmission.

They’ll get my car when they pry my cold dead hands from the wheel.

From the Washington Post this morning.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/comics/pickles.html/

Have respect and stay out of thier way-when I reach that stage I hope to have no need to drive-Kevin