To the regulars:Thanks for all your help and good discussions

Maybe this is a little too personal but this site has been a big part of my life over the past year, as odd as that might sound.

Last June ('07) I was diagnosed with cancer and over the next 12 months went through chemotherapy and radiation treatments. During that time I was off work and home a lot, and able to read a lot of posts here and make a fair number of posts myself. I’ve been a member here since 2001 and even though I hate the new forum software, I still enjoy participating on this site and all the things I’ve learned through it.

I’m back to work now, cancer free, and probably won’t have as much time to post here or keep up with all the posts. Just wanted to say, especially to the regulars, thanks for all the help, discussions, and entertainment. You helped me get through “issues” with my 85 Cutlass, then the 99 Cadillac STS…should’ve listened to pleasedodgevan about the STS, I sold it last week and now have a trusty little 97 Cavalier as my daily driver. :slight_smile: Still hoping to buy an 80’s Porsche someday that will be a project/2nd car.

As an aside, I apologize for the times when I’ve gotten a little too passionate in my postings… that happens sometimes… :slight_smile: Hope I haven’t offended anyone.

Anyway, I hope you and your families are doing well and enjoying the summer…I’ll still be around but just not as much. Looking forward to learning more about cars in general and being able to fix more things on mine.

Thanks again.

Jad

Thank you for sharing your personal battle. I wish you continued good health.

Oh, and let’s not forget my wife’s 01 Grand Caravan that we’ve had so much trouble with… Hope I won’t have to seek any advice on that thing anytime soon. :slight_smile:

Thanks NYBo (and thanks for the allpar.com referral a while back for our van troubles).

Glad to here you are cancer free, praise the Lord for that. Thanks for sharing!

I don’t know if I ever had a discussion with you? But maybe I entertained you? But Dude! Glad you’re better!

Tester

I know you’ve been around for quite a while but never knew of your condition. OK now? Fantastic. Don’t ever leave us.

Good to hear you’re healthy again Jad. Hope you stay that way.

Not being a man of many words, I’m so glad that this forum has helped out through some tough times, and glad things are looking up.

americar

Glad you’re still here Bud . . . keep on keepin’ on. Cars might be a diversion, but damn good one, yeah? Best of luck . . . stay involved here . . . we need you. Rocketman

Sorry about the STS but I have to be right about something now and then. I was right when I fixed an 84 Corolla once. In a land with no test equipment or codes, my advice could be awful good. I haven’t offended anybody lately (60% doesn’t count…much). My twisted reasoning and deplorable talent for expressing simple thoughts in a complicated manner will continue to lead us all to the light. Hope it’s not a gigantic bug zapper.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Means a lot to me.

Looking forward to what the future has in store, on this forum and otherwise.

The car problems seem kind of miniscule after going through something like this. Went through a bit of a problem myself a little over a year ago that was similar to the Buffalo Bills Kevin Everett incident.
The kicker in my case was that I was up walking around and the docs all thought I should have been belly-up and not breathing due to the severity of the injury, the cause of which will remain unknown.

Not being terribly religious, I started thinking maybe there is a big guy up there taking an interest in things. :slight_smile:

Congratulations to you on your recovery and wishing you nothing but the best in the future!

Jad–Although none of us knew of your health problem previously, it is great to hear of your remission and recovery. I hope that you enjoy many years of continued good health and continued participation in this forum.

I just drank a toast to your health with my morning coffee. [b]A votre sante ![/b]

That’s amazing, ok. Lots of people don’t ever walk again after those kind of injuries.

I, too, have had my belief in the Big Man strengthened.

Thanks for your wishes, same to you!

Thanks VDC, and thanks again to everyone else!

I’ve got an A/C question coming up soon… :slight_smile: