To sell or NOT to sell, that is the question

+1
Also, the Renegade model–which is actually made in a Fiat factory in Italy–should be avoided… unless someone really wants the “reliability” of a Fiat.

4 Likes

If you don’t see this under the front of a Jeep, it is not a “real” Jeep IMO…

1 Like

Very true, but most Jeep Wrangler owners are going to customize their Jeep with at least custom wheels and a lot put lift kits and much bigger wheels etc, so that throws the ride and handling out the window… But the interior, such as seats, infotainment centers etc will differ as already said…

EDIT:
But real life driving no matter the trim level will still let you know about picking up groceries, golf clubs, kids etc etc, big difference in room and storage…

I think a Jeep Wrangler is more of a 2nd vehicle, like a weekend driver , or a Vette or sports car…

3 Likes

Only a real Jeep, made by AMC. Jeeps are for off roading, not cruising around town. My CJ5 was a daily driver, drive to work during the week, up in the mountains on weekends.

If you want a Jeep, and can afford it without overly stressing your personal finances, suggest to buy a Jeep. Whichever one you want. You only live once.

If you are asking what I’d do in that situation, I’d keep on driving the existing truck. But my wishes, hopes, and desires are not yours.

3 Likes

The economy is in better shape than it has been any time in the last 5 or 6 years. For some folks that might not be the case, but for most people there are jobs at better pay than in the past. I don’t need to worry about a job anymore since I retired, and brother howdy, the economy is great for me.

5 Likes

+1 … Good for you!! That’s the way retirement should work for everyone!

1 Like

+1, on all counts
Although I don’t have to worry about finding a job, I’m very happy for those who are still of working age that the unemployment rate is now down to the lowest that it has been for the past 54 years. If someone is unemployed at this point, then he/she is either too “picky”, or they need to retrain for a job that is in demand.

For those with interest-bearing bank accounts, interest rates are still fairly high, and the performance of the stock market has been quite phenomenal for a couple of years.

Inflation is coming down, but it is still fairly high. Now that even conservative publications–like Fortune–have exposed the fact that corporate greed has driven much of that inflation, maybe–just maybe–that will help to temper prices.

1 Like

I had a couple of Cherokees as rentals about 6 years ago. I liked them a lot. I’d prefer something like that as opposed to a Wrangler. I also had one of them as a rental. It was too noisy for me. The Cherokee was much more like a SUV, and if you want a Jeep product to replace your Durango, the Cherokee is worth looking at IMO. Any Cherokee from 2014 thru 2023 is the same generation SUV.

2 Likes

Come on, isn’t there anything you buy or do just because it’s fun or you like it? :smiley::smiley::smiley:

My wife and I have 2 kids. Now, there’s no way you could ever show me that having 2 kids is a wise financial choice, but I’m glad we have them.

Do you have any idea how many cars I could have if I didn’t have kids?

1 Like

Not at many as you’d think. Even if you like low-cost cars, as I do, the basic problem is that you still need to find space to park them, you still need to keep them maintained and in good running condition, and you need to drive them often enough so they don’t deteriorate. I currently have three vehicles for two people, and although I’d like another car, it would be a bad investment. Our parking is full, and I barely drive the ones we have often enough.

1 Like

Maan, I love those jeeps, especially the SRT.

1 Like

And I thought I was the only one. When mom makes me dinner, she wants to decide what I should eat.

To keep this a car topic. I was told jeeps aren’t reliable vehicles.

2 Likes

Hard pass. The bottom of this “Jeep” is low enough to snag on every pothole, and the wheels are stanced off-center, which will result in accelerated tire wear. This will be a very troublesome and uneconomical vehicle, unless you prefer looking at it to driving it.

3 Likes

Upstate NY, I can’t recall ever seeing a pothole around here but yes — that jeep is too low and ruin the purpose of a keep.

Was talking to an owner of one 2 years ago and asked him if his whip was fast, and he said “ Too too fast !” I already knew the answer but just wanted to engage with the SRT owner for the sake of looking at his whip.

1 Like

See, there you go talking about investment again! Lol. :smiley: It’s about fun. Some people are fine driving the same car every day, since I was 19 I always had 2 daily drivers because I have a short attention span. There are shoes I’ve had for 15 years but I can’t seem to keep a car more than 5.

Every house we’ve had has a condition of enough off-street parking for at least 5 cars (including the garage). And if I wasn’t raising 2 kids you can bet I would have a 4 car garage and at least one classic car in addition to 2 dailies and a pickup.

5 Likes

Real jeep? AMC?

Real Jeeps were made long before AMC.

1 Like

That is true. My preference are Jeeps made by AMC. The downside, my CJ5 had the 304 V8, AMC decided the V8 did not need a 4 speed, only available with a 3 speed.

Edit: Would include Willys and Kaiser.

1 Like

nice :slight_smile: i like the older Jeeps…
i found this 1989 Jeep in excellent condition… it’s a little pricey tho …

In that case, this is the one that you REALLY want!

In case you weren’t aware of it, the American Bantam car company designed the original Jeep. Because their production capacity was extremely limited, the US Army gave Willys Motors and Ford Motor Company contracts to manufacture most of the Jeeps used in WW II.

As you probably are aware, after the war, only Willys continued to make Jeeps. Willys was later absorbed into the Kaiser Corporation, Kaiser sold-out to American Motors in 1970, and when AMC was in distress, their entire operation–including Jeep–was bought by Chrysler. Now, of course, it’s owned by Stellantis.

2 Likes