Tire Replacement 2003 Highlander

My wife and I are debating whether it is better to pay the money for Michelin tires or go with a cheaper tire such as Kumho to replace the original tires on the Highlander. Definitely need a tire that doesn’t spin on both wet and dry roads

Michelin tires are EXCELLENT tires, but I think there are as good tires or nearly as good for far less.

I’ve been using Cooper for the last 10+ years…Great tires at about 50% LESS then Michelins.

I too put Coopers on my tC just this past fall and have been extremely happy with them. They have probably the best wet weather traction of any tires I’ve owned, and I’ve been very happy with their winter traction as well. And we’ve had plenty of bad road conditions for me to test them on here in NH!

I’m very happy with the ride and handling too.

[quoite]And we’ve had plenty of bad road conditions for me to test them on here in NH! [/quote]

Especially this year. I still have 2’ of snow in my yard.

Research on tirerack.com for their tire tests(by website not users) and hopefully both are covered. When you go for purchase call around to multiple places with reasonable distance for installed price. I found huge difference in same tires/installed price on my vehicle by as much as $40/tire!

2wd:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?sortValue=1&filterType=all&resultsNumberSelected=Y&displayResults=31&compare=true&autoMake=Toyota&autoModel=Highlander+2wd&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=&vehicleSearch=true&compareList=&RunFlat=All&goWhere=%2Ftires%2FCompare1.jsp&minLoad=S&loadRank=2&minSpeedRating=S&sortCode=45900&width=225%2F&ratio=70&diameter=16&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&load_rating=S&load_rating=RF&load_rating=XL&load_rating=C&load_rating=D&load_rating=E&load_rating=F&load_rating=G&performance=UHPAS&performance=HPAS&performance=PAS&performance=GTAS&performance=ST&performance=AS&performance=SSTAS&performance=HAS&performance=ORAT&startIndex=0

4wd:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Compare1.jsp?sortValue=1&filterType=all&resultsNumberSelected=Y&displayResults=31&compare=true&autoMake=Toyota&autoModel=Highlander+4wd&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=&vehicleSearch=true&compareList=&RunFlat=All&goWhere=%2Ftires%2FCompare1.jsp&minLoad=S&loadRank=2&minSpeedRating=S&sortCode=45900&width=225%2F&ratio=70&diameter=16&speed_rating=S&speed_rating=T&speed_rating=U&speed_rating=H&speed_rating=V&speed_rating=Z&speed_rating=W&speed_rating=Y&speed_rating=(Y)&load_rating=S&load_rating=RF&load_rating=XL&load_rating=C&load_rating=D&load_rating=E&load_rating=F&load_rating=G&performance=UHPAS&performance=HPAS&performance=PAS&performance=GTAS&performance=ST&performance=AS&performance=SSTAS&performance=HAS&performance=ORAT&startIndex=0