Tire recommendations for SUV?

I’m in the market for some new rubber for my '07 Honda Pilot. Any recommendations on tires (235 70R 16)?

If you live in the snowy north you might want to check out Michelin X-Ice tires sized for your SUV. I drive my SUV ('01 Toyota Sequoia) about 6K miles per year and I decided to try running X-Ice tires year round on that vehicle. The ride is very smooth and quiet, great winter traction and they handle dry highway conditions fine too. I may get a few less miles out of them, but the winter to summer and back change over just wasn’t worth it for so few miles per year.

I’ve gotten just barely 30K miles from Bridgestone and General all season tires and frankly I expect these Michelin’s will do about the same or better.

Research your choices at Tire Rack. Look for light truck tires. The Michelin tires rank best in consumer choice, and they are the most expensive at about $150 each. How much do you want to spend?

I live in CT. Willing to spent $125-$150. Thanks for your responses, Uncle Turbo and jtsanders.

The other highly rated tires at Tire Rack were a little over $130 each. They are all in your price range. If you don’t live in NW CT you probably won’t have to contend with hills and all season tires will work. Check the local tire stores for Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Michelin LTX M/S (different tires) to see if you can get them for $150 or so. If you get them from Tire Rack, it should cost an additional $25 or so per tire for mounting and balancing.if $175 out the door is too high, look at other tires.

Michelin Defender LTX M/S or Michelin LTX M/S (different tires) to see if you can get them for $150 or so.

I just bought new tires…I looked at the Michelin LTX…they run about $200/tire.

I’ve been buying Cooper Truck tires for over 20 years. I found them as good as the comparable Michelin’s and last as long, but much cheaper.

I just replaced the OEM tires on my 14 Highlander. I got the Cooper Discoverer SRX. Been in a few snow storms already when heading to the mountains for skiing. Very good in snow…dedicated snows would be better…but not worth it. Excellent wet weather tires…and very quiet and smooth on dry pavement. Not sure if they come in your size.

I also opted for less expensive tires on our cars. I have Continentals on my Accord and General AltiMax on the van. I mentioned Michelin because they were top rated, but there are several tires that are almost as good and considerably less expensive.

tirerack is a good source of info and I have found them to be a good company to buy tires from when the tires I choose are not available locally, Other good sources are the November issue of Consumer Reports and their annual Buying Guide book.

Thanks, all.

tirerack is a good source of info and I have found them to be a good company to buy tires from when the tires I choose are not available locally,

I’ve yet to see a tire that tirerack sells that I can’t buy locally. My local tire dealer can get pretty much any tire made. Even with brands he doesn’t normally sell. Tirerack has less of a selection then where I buy tires from Cooper and MasterCraft are just a couple brands Tirerack doesn’t carry.

And tirerack is only better if you live in an area that you have to pay a sales tax. Otherwise they are more expensive.