Tire pressure gauges and airport security

bscar2

"And they couldn’t hijack the plane using the supplied knife and fork from the stewardesses?

I don’t think so

I think one of the undercover air marshalls would blow your head CLEAN off if you tried

That’s correct. Impossible.

I think one of the undercover air marshalls would blow your head CLEAN off if you tried

They’re NOT on every plane. In fact they are only on less then 5% of all flights.

A couple of stories, First 4 years ago on frontier with free wireless while in flight, I had a tablet pc on a plane, the steward had never seen one and I said it’s greatest use is for gps with a mapping program and gps antenna for driving in a rented car in unknown areas, and wireless internet at hotels for email and web surfing. He freaked, is your antenna hooked up because people can track your position and shoot down the plane. I said no I am just surfing.

So there we were 3 co-workers and I, Sure I had a camo hat, duffel bag for carry on, blue jeans, beat up hiking boots and some kind of sweatshirt, and had not shaved for a couple of days. They pull my clean cut bud. fancy pants, polished shoes and crispy clean shirt for extra search at the terminal gate. I tell wifee the story and Wife is like are you stupid wearing a camo hat in an airport? I am like hey I was not the guy pulled out for extended search. Funny how she assumed because my head was invisible due to camo hat (ha ha) she thought I should be paranoid. I did not even think about it till she mentioned it.

Is the military gear leftover over from your service days? If so, they might be less inclined to frisk you because of your perceived military ties.

Ballisticly speaking, that would be very difficult to do, especially at 30,000 feet in the air in a pressurized cabin. Anything powerful enough to explode a human head would also likely over penetrate and hit whatever is behind said headless corpse; most likely the cabin itself.
Anything a marshal would have on their person would be designed to NOT over penetrate, which would be the popular hollow point rounds most self/home defense gun owners buy

They could hire Spartans, like United did:

I flew from mn to fl with 2 connections while carrying 2 36" SST threaded rods I forgot to pack in my shipping container. I did not want to mail them and risk bending them. Every tsa agent I talked too said it was ok. Felt funny carrying them thru the airport. Thought I might have a hard time finding SST threaded rod in north central Florida.

I feel much better about my flight in Friday now. Thanks, @bscar2.