Timing belt and water pump repairs

Should I change the timing belt and water pump on my 1995 Toyota Corolla DX-1.8 liter car with 100,800 miles. I just had the serpentine belt changed 1 week ago.

You might want to check out what the manual has to say - there are recommended intervals for these things.

But I would most certainly do it. At 100K there’s a good chance its pretty much ripe. A broken timing belt leads to very sudden car death - sometimes total engine death (I don’t know if this engine is an interference engine or not) - but at the very least a stranding and the need for a tow truck. And, as you already know - it will happen at the worst possible moment.

According to Gates, You have a 7A-FE engine. It is not an interference engine so no damage will occur if/when the belt breaks. They also recommend changing at 60,000 miles in extreme conditions. Check your manual for Toyota’s recommendation.

After this many years it becomes a question of age not miles. It doesn’t matter if the car has 50,000 miles on it-it’s time for a fresh belt. A water pump is smart insurance too. Besides it’ll probably be the last time you have to do it.