Timestamps boogus

Any reason all the last comment timestamps say 3/13/2011?

Maybe I am missing something, but today is 13 Mar 2011.

Spam posts were deleted early this morning.

Yes, you’re missing something.

cyberbabe is one of the web lackeys. They work here.

Ah, so deletion counts as posting. Gotcha. There’s an easy fix for that.

No - deletion doesn’t count as posting. The spam post shows up and that give it the time/day stamp of the spam post. It gets deleted but apparently the list doesn’t re-sort. So it makes a mess every time a spammer comes through.

This is also a pretty active board. On any given day all of the stamps could easily be from that day. Which is why I though your response to jayhawkroy was mostly obnoxious.

Could Daylight Savings Time be a factor?

“No - deletion doesn’t count as posting. The spam post shows up and that give it the time/day stamp of the spam post. It gets deleted but apparently the list doesn’t re-sort. So it makes a mess every time a spammer comes through.”

Okay, fair enough. As I said, there’s an easy fix for that.

“This is also a pretty active board. On any given day all [emphasis added] of the stamps could easily be from that day. Which is why I though[t] your response to jayhawkroy was mostly obnoxious.”

Really? Active enough for posts to all 592 General Discussion and all 5309 Repair & Maintenance threads in one day? That active? Really?

That was my first thought too: “What’s different about today?”

That was not at all clear in your original post. You just said “all the last comment timestamps say 3/13/2011” - well, on 3/13/2011 all of the last comment time stamps are supposed to say 3/13/2011. If you wanted to know why every single time stamp for every single thread ever posted on CarTalk was 3/13/2011 then you could have been clear about it.

“You just said “all the last comment timestamps say 3/13/2011” - well, on 3/13/2011 all of the last comment time stamps are supposed to say 3/13/2011.”

You do realize how absurd that is, right? EVERY thread should have the current date as the last comment date? I don’t go to cartalk.com to find out today’s date.

“If you wanted to know why every single time stamp for every single thread ever posted on CarTalk was 3/13/2011 then you could have been clear about it.”

I think when I used the word [b]ALL[/b] I was being perfectly clear. Bad day today?

What I find absurd is someone checking 592 General Discussion threads and 5309 Repair & Maintenance threads in order to determine that they all have the current date as the time stamp.

Listen - jayhawkroy and I have been around these boards for a really long time. On a fairly regular basis a spammer/spamming program comes through and everything goes haywire including old threads coming out of the woodwork. Everyone who has been around knows this.

You are a noob who is very simply showing yourself as being fairly rude. Sorry if you got offended when I called you obnoxious. Its just that you are being obnoxious. There was no need to be sarcastic at jayhawkroy who is a well known poster here. You could have simply clarified your question. (E.g. “No, that’s not what I mean…”) Better yet, think once in a while. I was once new to these boards. It took me all of about one minute to figure out what happened the first time I saw a spammer come through.

So back off man - of jayhawk and me and everyone else. Go back to putting lotion in baskets.

This guy wont last. I have a feeling this is someone who runs his mouth, gets a dose of his own medicine and leaves until he has licked his wounds and comes back under a different name.
Do the names of maaco or vw fuel door ring a bell?