Throttle Position Pedal

How much does it cost to replace a throttle position pedal on a 2004 Toyota RAV4?

There is a throttle pedal and a throttle position sensor, but there is no throttle position pedal.

The cost to replace the sensor depends on whether you replace it yourself or have someone do it for you. It also depends on where you live and whether you go to a Toyota dealer or an independent mechanic.

Call your mechanic and get an estimate.

Depending upon the region of the country where you live, and whether you have the job done by an indy mechanic or a dealership, my best guesstimate is somewhere in the $80-$160 range.

Incidentally, I assume that you are referring to the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).
If you are referring to a different part or parts, my guesstimate is likely bogus.

The Pedal Position Sensors are part of the accelerator pedal assembly. The PPS can be checked for correct resistance but cannot be replaced separate from the unit itself. Oddly, Alldata does not give a cost for the accelerator pedal assembly nor a labor (shop hour(s)) estimate. It should not take more than 1.0 hour to diagnose and replace the pedal unit. However, check with the Toyota dealer service department as to the cost of the pedal assembly and the book time estimate for its R&R.

HTH