Thought it was the fuel pump

Drivin down the road one day, and the car started acting like it was out of gas.Got a gas can and added gas .It started and got me to the stationfilled it up, and it would start. I figured it was a the pump. there was no spray frm the schrader valve. Replaced the fuel pump and filter, still a no go, but now I’m gettin a spray.I checked for spark. There was none. Switched out batteries, spark plugs,plug wires. Still nothing. Switched out the coil pack ( granted it was from the salvage yard) Now I’m stuck. The car wont run. Not sure where to head next with it. Im running out of money and patience.Can anybody help? Its a !995 Ford Contour 2.5 V6 DOHC

The problem might be with the Crankshaft Position Sensor located on the right side of the engine.

This sensor tells the computer the crankshaft position so it’s able to fire the injectors and the secondary ignition system at the proper time. If the computer see’s no signal from this sensor, the computer see’s no reason to fire the injectors or the secondary ignition system.

Tester

Can you tell me where I would find that. Im not too familiar with Ford motors

A Chilton’s, or Haynes, repair manual could help you a lot with this problem. It would show you where the sensors are, and how to check them. Knowledge saves cabbage (money).

You need to stop guessing and throwing parts at the problem. Find a diagnostic chart for a “engine cranks but won’t run” condition. Follow the step by step instructions to properly diagnose the problem. ALLDATA has the information you need or find a repair manual for your car.

cut your losses and receive cash for junk cars http://JunkyardDirect.com