Thinking about buying a 2011 Honda Accord...thoughts?

thinking of buying one with 80000 klms on it accident free

We bought one new in 2010. 167000 miles now, nothing but routine maintenance done to it.
But we’ve did the drain and fill for the trans every 30k and oil changes every 5k.
Front brakes went 150k and rear went 165k.
HVAC fan makes a little noise but it’s a 20 minute job to change it.

When buying a used Honda you need proof that the transmission fluid was changed on a regular basis, as mentioned. It;s the weakest part of a Honda!

2 Likes

As with any used car, take it to a mechanic for a pre-purchase inspection.

They also had an history of paint delamination (clearcoat peeling) on darker paint.

My thought is that if this Accord has the 3.5L V-6, I’d run away, but if it’s a 2.4L 4-cylinder, it might be worth considering.

It’s on Consumer Reports’ Best Used Cars list. Much better than average reliability overall, including engine and transmission. CR’s chart doesn’t differentiate between the 4 and the 6. I don’t know what info bcohen2010 refers to, above. The history and condition of the particular one you are looking at matters, too. Accord has been a well regarded car for many years in CR and in the automotive press, both as a new car and used.

You don’t want anything in a vehicle newer than the stone age so why are you even making that statement ?

All that needs to be said when people ask this question is have it looked at by a shop for problems.
Not all vehicles of the same brand and year al have the same problems.

It;s a 10 year old car. Flip a coin.

I’ve done many inspections on used cars and in almost all cases they all needed something; from a number of little somethings to big somethings.

3 Likes