Things on a car you can't do without

I had a late winter icy road accident with my 1966 Malibu, which had only belts, no shoulder harness. I totalled he car, but escaped with only a scrach. The police officer writing up the report asked me if I was wearing my belt, and duly noted it on the accident report.

In college I was a member of the sports car and rallye club. Most of my friends there had their cars ( MGs, Austin Healys, Sunbeam Alpines, Jags)retrofitted with seat belts or racing harnesses.

Pretty good post there. I haven’t had any problems in those areas yet, but I’ve read about them here and in other places. I can only guess how those owners feel when it’s their turn to hope the things can be fixed. Good luck to them all.

I think we can all understand the theory that if a system wasn’t there, it would never have to be fixed.

The pants are a great idea. They could be just like those warmup pants with snap fasteners on the side. Velcro wouldn’t do. I can imagine the bad language when I have to undo what I just undid five seconds ago. Snaps don’t fasten themselves.

In England, they’re called trousers. Why is there a pair of pants and only one bra?

I have never used CC, can’t use it. Only time I turn it on is on a used car test drive, and once to show my wife how it works and even that lasted only 20 seconds, that’s it.