The worst new luxury cars

Yes, West coast of Florida, the Gulf Coast I guess I should have posted.

The Maybach 57 and 62 were based on the at the time outgoing Mercedes S-Class platform but with more choices for leather and wood along with the reclining seats and other comforts for $300,000+. The current Mercedes-Maybach offerings are an attempt to keep customers in the fold while offering an alternative to the Rolls Royce and Bentley and probably better to be driven in then to drive.

Until you get into the “real-real money.” I had the dubious privilege of being enrolled in a private school by my folks when we lived in the Shenandoah Valley. Unlike me, my classmates’ families had been richer than Midas, in many cases since before the Revolutionary War. A bunch of FFV’s and DC political elite’s offspring. To say that I did not fit in is an understatement. :wink:

One of my classmates lived in - I am not making this up - a 30,000 square foot mansion with a helipad and an 8-limo carriage house. His chauffeur drove him to school in a stretch Bentley. If there was ever a Toyota on their property (this was before Lexus existed), guaranteed it was owned by a servant, not the family.

A certain class of old money does drive normal cars, but there’s another class that views a Mercedes S-class the way you and I view a Hyundai Accent. They aren’t necessarily “advertising” with their fancy cars - they just have different definitions of “normal.”

5 Likes