The newest auto-related scam

They state they will NEVER call unsolicited to customers. Of COURSE they’ll call in an established relationship.

As they state: “Do not trust unsolicited calls. Do not provide any personal information.”

They state they will NEVER call unsolicited to customers.

And guess what…Once you buy and register any of their software you now have an established relationship

I believe the wording is they won’t won’t make Unsolicited SALES calls. Which they are not. The only calls they make are TECHNICAL calls. One of the things they monitor for AND will call you is if they believe that your computer is infected with very specific Trojan viruses.

Read the link, Mike. Unsolicited calls of any type to retail MS customers is a MAJOR scam, and MS says they don’t do it.

The problem is figuring out which real and which isn’t.

Microsoft will NEVER ask to give them access.
Microsoft will NEVER ask for money.

Microsoft will have YOU in certain areas on the computer your computer for them.
If there is a problem…they’ll tell you how to remove it…or send you to a Microsoft store and they’ll remove it for you.

Read the link, Mike. Unsolicited calls of any type to retail MS customers is a MAJOR scam, and MS says they don't do it.

You should read your own link…

Taken directly from the link you provided.

There are some cases where Microsoft will work with your Internet service provider and call you to fix a malware-infected.

You will never receive a legitimate call from Microsoft or our partners to charge you for computer fixes.

Which is EXACTLY what I said.

If you get a phone call from Microsoft…and are unsure…then hang up and call Microsoft help line.

Like they said, it’s from someone you can verify is legit. So 99.99% of unsolicited MS calls are scams, the rest legit.

Could you please bring this back around to automotive subjects? Thanks.

So 99.99% of MS calls are scams, the rest legit.

It’s probably 99.99999999%.

And Microsoft is having a very very very hard time making legit calls…because consumers are getting smart to the scammers.

I get “Microsoft” calls all the time and the only computer I have is a Mac. The caller usually has a thick Indian accent and If I am bored I will have some fun before I hang up. I will ask them if they have someone who can speak English and when they reply, it doesn’t matter what they say. I will just keep saying I only speak English. It is amazing how long they will stay on the line. Other times I will tell them, wait, I want to get a pen and paper and write this down and of course I don’t pick the phone back up until it starts making loud noises.