The last Toyota Celica convertible

I bought my brand-new 99 Celica convertible at the tail end of its model year. It’s the very best car I’ve ever owned, hands down.

It took quite a while for the actual delivery. The dealer told me about ASC, the third-party company that actually turns ordinary cars into convertibles. Yadda, yadda, yadda – and eventually he tells me “well, ASC sort of ran out of conversion parts – after all, it’s the last Celica convertible”. Yeah, right.

I’ve lived with this snippet of conversation for 12 years.

Half of me says “Hey, don’t fool yourself! What are the odds? Just be happy that it might be the very last one. Why invite disappointment?”.

The other half of me says “Go ahead and do the research. Wouldn’t it be waaaaaay cool if it really was the last one, and you could prove it?”.

Today, Tuesday, December 6, 2011, I made my decision. I want to know for sure, one way or the other.

So – can anyone out there tell me, authoritatively, whether my 99 Celica convertible with ASC sticker number 2312 is truly the very last one manufactured?

Thanks to all.

Have you tried contacting ASC?
http://www.ascglobal.com/html/contact%20ASC%20Transportation%20and%20Industrial%20Design%20Services.html