The impossible to reach car part

Recently my 2003 Cadillac CTS has been leaking coolant at a faster pace than I could ignore. After noticing smoke barreling from under my hood, I decided to research the problem and attempt a DIY repair job by replacing the auxiliary coolant pump. After purchasing the part online and reviewing any forums I could find, I was determined to prove the naysayers wrong by undertaking the task over a free weekend. After a couple of hours I soon realized that this was a two man job. Still alone at the 4 hour mark, I was almost resigned to having it towed to a mechanic with all sorts of wire connections still unplugged. Resigning to give it one more college try I tempted the father-in-law over with the promise of all the beer he could drink. After another 4 & 1/2 hours ‘without draining the coolant beforehand :)’ we had successfully accomplished the mission (almost) impossible. So all in all, this chump (myself) spent almost 9 hours to perform this complex vehicular operation. My question is, for this part (an aux. coolant pump) how long would a certified, classically trained mechanic take to make the repair?

Call a dealer and try to get an estimate over the phone.
A good independent shop might charge somewhat less.

I have no idea on this particular vehicle…but I do know that many tasks on many vehicles…having a lift makes life a lot easier. Replacing the Fuel Filter on my wifes 96 Acord was one of those tasks…Had to jack up the car…and crawl underneath to disconnect the line that feeds into the bottom of the filter…What a royal PAIN. I did it once…after that I farmed it out.

And how many hours would they get PAID for ?
Then how loud would Joe customer complain “that’s too much”.

You should see some of these 6.0 diesel Ford super dutys in the shop.
They look like the space shuttle with hundreds of outer components laid out meticulously for accurate reassembly.

Dealerships and many independent shops use 'Flat Rate Manuals" that assign a given amount of time for almost any automotive task…This is the amount of time professional mechanics get paid for to perform the task regardless of how quickly or how long it takes…

“My question is, for this part (an aux. coolant pump) how long would a certified, classically trained mechanic take to make the repair?”

About an hour.