The heater in my truck only blows on high

I have a 2001 Dodge Dakota with only 32K on it. I found today that my heater only works on high. When I put it on Low, med, med high, it makes noise like a person stomach growling.

I’m thinking it may be because of cold weather here in Louisville, KY, but it didn’t do this a few weeks ago when we had similiar weather. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this?

Running at 3.9 liter V6 engine. Can provide other details if needed.

The usual suspect is the blower motor resistor pack. The noises you are hearing at other blower settings sound like air gurgling through the heater core. However, it could also be the blower motor itself. Did you lose all the other blower speeds at once or did they go out one at a time?

They all went out at once. The only speed that works is high.

Does the noise change in pitch or volume as you switch from Low to Medium? What happens if you try to run the heater motor with the ignition on but the without starting the engine- same noises? If so, the motor itself is worn out.

No, its pretty much the same noise.

It can happen that way. It depends on which resistor burns out.

I had an S-10 pick up with similar problems. Turned out the connections on the blower switch had overheated and the connector was a melted mess.