The Black "Security" Goo in my MAF Sensor Torx Head

All I wanted to do was pull my MAF sensor and clean it. There are 4 “security” Torx head screws holding it in. Those are no problem - (I’ve been meaning to get a set anyway).

The one that is a problem is the one head that is filled in with the hardened black goo (epoxy?)

I have to guess that there is a smart way to deal with this - but I don’t know what it is. As I understand it MAF sensors are fairly delicate instruments so I don’t want to beat the hell out the unit.

Is this stuff typical, and is there a solvent or something that will soften it up for removal?

I had thought of taking out the Dremel with a cutting head, and cutting myself a slot for a plain old fashioned screwdriver (since I will likely replace the screw either way).

Anyway, before I started acting like a hack I figured I’d try to find out if there is a “right” way to do it.

I would try a instrument like a dental pick. Are you sure they are “security” torx? (with a post in the center)

Got a soldering iron/gun? That’s what you use to burn out the anti-tamper compound.

Tester

See - I knew someone would know. I do have a soldering iron & I’ll let you all know how it turns out. Thanks!