The best and the worst drivers

One summer, I drove limos, and I often had to drive in Manhattan. That was… not pleasant.

Driving a lumber/dump or any truck pulling a trailer in Wash. DC gets quite aggravating after about, say, 15 minutes.

I think any truck driver serving a metropolitan area deserves double pay!

2 Likes

They lied.

I drove a UHaul a couple times in Boston to drop kids off at college. The streets are so damn narrow, and the super aggressive massh*ole drivers make it not something you want to do again. The second time we did at midnight. Far easier, but still not fun.

1 Like

I know a guy who makes that claim all the time. Upon questioning, it turned out that he has never driven in any state other than NJ, and he was basing his statement on the fact that “everyone honks at me”.

It’s sad that he doesn’t realize that his driving style (creeping along at 10-15 mph UNDER the speed limit) makes him a frequent hazard, and that this is the reason why everyone honks at him.

2 Likes

Once the 55 mph speed limit was changed back tp 65 on the NJ Turnpike, i still kept my cruise control at 55 because i felt more comfortable at that speed. I stayed in the right lane and i was never honked at.

In MA - Not only would you be honked at - some people would try to run you off the road.

1 Like