Thanks, Wal-Mart!

That kind of reminded me. When I bought a set of those Silverstar head light bulbs for $50, I had to get a guy to unlock it from the rack. Acted like he was doing me a big favor. Sorry but when you lock stuff up like light bulbs and shavers, you need to be ready to open the dang case up when someone wants something.

2 Likes

I know this wont help your trip and would take a little planning, but try going to parts store websites before your trip. Advanceauto.com is quite helpful.

1 Like

I buy some of the filters I change (cabin air, regular air filter, furnace), even wiper blades online. no sorting through books for the right filter, or blade refills.

He wore a disguise while driving his Maserati.

Common practice when dealing with big companies. Salesmen and manufacturers representatives sometimes are kept waiting for days or weeks in the lobbies waiting to see a buyer. Once, I waited for 2 days in the lobby of GE Power Equipment and just gave up. Others had been waiting much longer. One ploy was to have the receptionist phone the buyer and offer to take him out for lunch.

I always treated the sales folks with respect and tried to be honest with them. They helped me with problems and I helped them with fairness. One IBM salesman turned up one day and turned out to be an old college class mate. I had quite a few that came to my retirement party. I just donā€™t understand the antics of some companies. To me they are losing out on the wealth of product information that the sales people have.

1 Like

In theory, the websites are great . . .

Seems like 1/2 the the time the store website shows the item in stock, yet it doesnā€™t reflect reality

Every time I call one of those places, Iā€™m a real jerk. I ask the guy to walk over to the shelf and tell me if he can actually see the part.

As I said . . . about 1/2 the time, he comes back and says the shelf is empty

But if he says heā€™s got it in his hand, I ask him to hold it and Iā€™ll be over in just a few minutes, at which point he asks what my name is so that he can put it away under the front counter. And when I show up, I specifically ask for the guy I was dealing with on the phone.

1 Like

sempre gostei do walmart Ʃ um mƔximo.

This is primarily an English speaking Forum.

@VOLVO-V70. I wish we were required to post in Latin. I wouldnā€™t be able to read the posts, but they would look scholarly.

2 Likes

Something like always like Walmart-it is maximum. Maximum something-fun, savings, products?

I bought a belt there once and a couple pair of jeans while my wife was gone. It was not a maximo experience.

Good grief . . .

Would you mind citing your source? Which stats are you citing?

I ask because my sources* show this to not be true for Virginia.

Capture va

*My sources: https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/covid-19-daily-dashboard/ and US States beating Covid-19 ā€” EndCoronavirus.org.

1 Like

As per Stanford Medical School and Georgetown Medical School, as of yesterday:

Iā€™d buy mine at 7-11 if they had it because I despise parking miles away from an entrance. Ask me how much milk costs?

Sorry, donā€™t ask, I was making a 7-11 joke.

@VDCdriver, if @thegreendrag0n happened to be referring to per capita death rates and per capita infection rates, that that would be helpful, but we have no way of knowing that.

@thegreendrag0n, will you please cite your sources?

@cdaquila - looks like weā€™re off the rails.

And not a very good one at that.

Good morning. I agreed with the flag and tried to delete the replies in one fell swoop, but there are some leftovers. @knocksensor this is not a covid forum, and when it has come up here in the past it didnā€™t go well.

Thanks @texases for the bat signal.

1 Like