Thank you in advance for a reply

I have a 2000 chevy venture that drives like a truck (thats what it is) Is there any aftermarket suspention that would give it a better (smoother) ride?

Thanks again.

I have a 2006 Chevy Uplander, the successor of the Venture and I don’t have a problem with the ride. If the ride is bouncy, you probably need to have the struts replaced. If the ride is firmer than you like, you have two choices: 1) trade the venture for something else or 2) use my old trick. When I didn’t think my 1965 Rambler rode comfortably, I would go drive my 1950 Chevrolet 3800 (1 ton pickup) for a while. The Rambler then seemed to have a great ride. When I thought the Chevrolet 1 ton pickup rode too harshly, I would go work the field with the Farmall F-12. The 1 ton pickup would then ride like a dream.

As I say, if the ride is bouncy, you may need new struts. IF the struts are o.k., keep in mind you are driving a vehicle that isn’t exactly a Cadillac.

Make sure the current suspension is in good condition.

Remember that suspensions are compromises and comfort is subjective.

How do you use this truck? Maybe you should have a car. Any modification to the original functional suspension will compromise the original design. You may loose truck function or safety.

I would certainly consider if I had the right vehicle before trying to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

Check your tire pressure out. It should be around 32psi not the max pressure listed on the tire.

Otherwise suspension modifications or even replacement are going to cost far more than that van is ever worth.

Technically a Chevy Venture is a minivan.

But shocks and struts are the obvious culprit here.