Tell Us Your Favorite Auto App

Trip Splitter for the iPhone is fantastic for keeping track of who owes what on road trips.

As I write this I am listening to someone needing to get rid of odors in his car. When I have had this problem I brought a 2 E prom erasers And opened them up. These are really ultraviolet lamps that produce ozone. Ozone of course is a cumulative poison so only do this when the car is empty. Leave the car overnight with these things lit. Then vent the car well. This worked for me on 2 occasions.

If you haven’t downloaded it yet - check out the RepairPal application - hands down the best auto app on the web! My car had broken down recently and here I was stuck in the middle of nowhere etc…pulled up my repairpal app - found a local shop - called - had my car towed in and was back on the road within 4 hours! The repairpal app not only found me a local shop but it also provided me with a price range for the repairs I needed! AWESOME APP!

The RepairPal app is handy for road side service, estimates on repairs and finding shops in your area. http://repairpal.com/mobile

My friend introduced me to the repairpal app when my brakes went out. The shop gave me an estimate of over $1,000 bucks which I felt was a bit ridiculous so i opened up the app and said the guy was trying to overcharge me by 2-300 bucks. Saved me a ton of money and was able to find another shop close by that had a bunch of positive reviews. I now recommend this app to all my friends and family.

I have it on the iPhone, but my friend has it on the Android. They’ve also got a mobile site for blackberry’s and such.

Trip Splitter is most handy in divvying up costs in shared trip expenses.

I like to travel with friends and the app Trip Splitter is amazing. It includes all charges, tips, gas,records, etc…then records who paid for what and finally tells who owes what at the end of the trip… Great APP.

I use GasBuddy on the Android to find the cheapest gas in my town. Also if you submit gas prices you can get points that can be used to enter into a drawing for about $250 of free gas. Nice little perk for contributing fuel prices.

Flex-Fuel Station Locator for the Android is awesome! It hels find your closest E85 fueling station. Plus, it’s official from the Renewable Fuels Assocation, so the data is very accurate.

We found the “Trip Splitter” to be very helpful on a trip to Austin, Texas with calculating cost between three women competing in a "Triathlon?.

Trip Splitter for the iPhone is great for splitting costs on a road trip.

repairpal on iphone and android work well when you need to know how much a car repair will cost.

RepairPal.com helps me know what I “should” pay the mechanic, and which questions to ask to make sure I get a fair deal. It has saved me lots of money on my Volvo this year.

While it’s a little specialized… Trackeroo’s Trackmaster is, for the price, absolutely awesome. It’s a data logger for racing/autocrossing that logs position, speed, lateral acceleration (i.e. how many g’s you are turning at), etc. Outputs the data into spreadsheets or Google Earth to compare run-to-run. I’m still a poor autocrosser, but at least I’m learning more about where and why my weak spots are…

I’ve been using MPG first on a Palm device now on an Ipod touch. It is simple and reliable, exports to Excel for archiving and tax reporting. I know there are a lot of apps out there now but I’ve grown used to this over the years and it has never let me down.

We use repairpal. The app gives you the names of the shops and price ranges for all repairs.

I don’t have a favorite car app, but if you guys came out with one, I would so totally buy it!! Make sure it is compatible with Android!!

I tried waze on a 240 mile round trip to visit family for a slightly late Christmas get together today. It did well finding my sister’s house. I turned it on when I knew I was close as I’d only been to her new house once before. On the return route it kept trying to get me to leave the interstate. In some cases it wanted me to take an off ramp and get right back on. One time it wanted to route me a few MILES off of the interstate. That route is used by truckers who want to escape about $13 in tolls. It will kill at least a half an hour. I wanted to cruise 75MPH. “REROUTING” appeared several times as I disobeyed. Other times it wanted me to go a few blocks off of the four lane and get back on. I’m glad I knew where I was going. It wanted me to take the scenic route. It’s not scenic in the daylight, much less the dark.

The other insult is that it does not recognize my street’s name. It appears incorrectly on their map too. I did report it. I’ve lived here 27 years. I know where I live. When I programmed it for the return trip, I used the incorrect name waze did.

I was not impressed with waze.

AndroHUD is an awesome app to run at night. Place your phone on your dashboard and see a F-18 like Heads Up Display on your Windshield!

“Trip Splitter” is a terrifically useful app.