Tell Us Your Favorite Auto App

Accufuel for iPhone. Great for tracking MPG and fillups. I was using it for all cars, but now the cars have their own calcs (may not be accurate, but enough to compare to themselves) and only use it for the Bike. It’s $1.99, I think, but is nice

I’d vote for any app that operated only when the vehicle was in park or when the smartphone/device was being operated by someone other than the driver. I’ve seen too many texting zombies out there.

Waze - for navigation and traffic management using Windows Phone. It gives real time notification of traffic conditions (based on actual user experience) as well as navigation capabilities.

Google Maps
GasBuddy

I use aCar on my Droid Incredible to keep track of mileage and vehicle expenses. Lots of data available for input, and it’s easy to get the data out of there to make backups if I need to.

I use Google Maps and Google Navigation for directions and location info, and Google Places to find out what’s around me if I don’t know the area and I’m looking for a store or place to eat.

I use Gas Cubby to track my mileage and service. Didn’t cost much and it has a online sync option so you can keep your data backed up - easy to use and lots of options

My favorite app is Car Minder. It allows us to easily keep track of all maintenance and repairs on our two cars. I wish I had had this when I was taking care of my daughters’ cars. It’s easy to use and versatile.

I use my app every time I drive my vette

Ditto google maps, trapster, and carr matey.
Additionally, I use Glob, which sounds similar to Waze in utility, but is a little complicated. I will try Waze to compare.
Also, DriveSafe.ly is indispensable. It will read aloud your incoming emails and texts, so you know what messages require your attention without pulling over.
All on Android.

I sometimes forget where I parked, so I wrote an iPhone app called Where’s My Damn Car?. When you park your car, press the button and the app remembers where you are. When you need to find it again, it shows your location and the location of the car on a Google map. It can be found at:

http://www.klrapps.com

Another car-related app I wrote is Meter Beater for the iPhone. It counts down the time remaining on your parking meter and shows you where you left the car.

http://www.klrapps.com

U-Tube Auto Repair and Maintenance videos are very helpful. I am using one on brake pad replacement.

Brightcar, although they seemed to have stopped issuing updates for it :-(. It’s a great software program to track scheduled maintenance, gas mileage, repairs, etc.

Trackmaster is a Droid app that uses the GPS and time functions as a lap timer. You can create splits for different sections of the track and compare overall lap times and fastest segment times.

This $8 application does most of what a $350-700 GPS lap timer does.

The DrivingBuddy iPhone App! It features a little cowboy that will get upset at you if you drive poorly by checking for jerky motions in your driving.

http://www.drivingbuddyapp.com

I use Rev with the wifi obdII connector to read real time data and also speedometer to show my actual speed with larger tires.

Netflix, Solitare, Wordfind, Google Apps…

Netflix - for the wife to show the child movies, while I drive.
Solitare - for the wife to play with the child, while I drive.
Wordfind - for the wife to play once the child is asleep, while I drive.
Google Apps - So when I pull over to fake a bathroom break, I can find out where I am and how far the next coffee shop is…

See a pattern?

My app fixes my car for me.

Navigon navugation app for the iPhone. I can select a desination from my iPhone contact list without having to manually enter city, state, zip, etc. Works very well in conjunction with my Parrot MKi9200 bluetooth hands-free device so directions play through the car radio.

Torque plus bluetooth OBD dongle equals scan tool plus much more. All for about 30 bucks.