Tahoe tranny

Have a 2003 Tahoe 4 by 4 that was a police suv. It starts up good, has 170,000 miles on it. Fluids been check. No metal shaving!! Check engine light is on. Issues is that it changes gears in high rpm above 3600rpm. To second gear then 2nd gear it drives above 3600rpm I’m putting my foo on the gas more to get the rpm higher to see I it will go into 3rd gear. Nope I’m doing about 35-40 in second gear. I’m thinking it’s 3-4 gear solenoid. Or on something plug. I know the gears for 3rd are good just by the record of the vehicle. Just won’t shift idk which sender it would be. Note starts up fine, no miss fires, 4 by4 works. Clutch is good no slipping. Don’t have time to go to u pull parts to snatch few plugs for free. Don’t want to buy new ones that are ome that is made for this suv tranny.

the 4l60-e trans were considered light duty. they like to loose the 3-4 clutch packs at 125k mile appx. i am leaning towards a used trans here as the suv is not worth a $3k trans overhaul. or maybe it is to you. a used trans is at least working. vs your non-working trans

So what codes are being set? That would go a long way towards us helping you.

2 Likes