Swap manual with auto climate control

Is it reasonably possible to swap in automatic climate heater/AC controls in a car ('10 Ford Escape) that currently only has manual heater/AC control?

No.

Tester

1 Like

A one word answer, really?

Can you say “Body Control Module?”

Tester

It was a simple question with a simple answer.

No, it’s not reasonably possible.

2 Likes

It’s been looked into by other Escape owners and requires changing much more than just the control on the dash.

https://www.escape-city.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=26948

2 Likes

Okay, I will answer YES, with many, many $$$$. Almost any thing is possible with enough cash.

Possible? Yes

Possible with a reasonable cost and level of aggravation? No, not really.

The other posters are correct about this being an unreasonable swap.

My Lincolns have automatic temp control and I also have the factory manual on that. There’s like 6 pages of diagrams on the system. Wiring harness is different due to many things like a blower control module, sun load sensors, engine coolant lockout sensors, and so on.

1 Like

+1
On my car, even the A/C compressor is different for models with automatic climate control!

Unless you’re an advanced DIYer, and OP wouldn’t be asking this question if he were, it’s best to just get a vehicle already with all the features you want.
Other follies we see on here from time to time:
Converting auto to manual (& vice versa) transmission, converting headlight type, boosting power.

2 Likes

For what you’d spend doing it, you could probably buy two 2010 Escapes that already have automatic climate control.

1 Like

Shadowfax is correct. I assume the OP probably just looks at the face of the control unit on the dash and assumes that swapping out the manual unit with a EATC unit will be the answer.It is not.

2 Likes

Yeah I was just wondering what might be involved and how difficult it would be. Thanks for all of the informative responses.