SUV won’t go into gears

Can you tell us specifically what was done to the clutch? How much was charged?

Yes, I had the clutch and the flywheel or pressure plate replace. I burned the clutch out.

I don’t know the name of t he plays that has to be replace once you burned the clutch out.

No communication problem. You just trying to pull the bare and switch. Now their a problem with the exhaust pipe.

Before then, he was trying to say it was the transfer case which has nothing to do with the clutch itself. Now if he would have said the slave cylinder or something. Then he would have me. But no. He just trying to get over bc I am a women.

I can’t shift. Oh, and clutch is shot. Well, it’s fixed now.

I have no idea what that sentence means … The exhaust pipe will not cause your vehicle to quit running after you start it. And I doubt if the fact you are a woman has anything to do with this . You need a different shop .

1 Like

Just trying to pull the bate and switch.

Didn’t spell check it… lol my bad

Who is trying to ( bait and switch )?

The mechanic. I had him check the call just to make sure that’s the only thing wrong with it. Now the exhaust is broken.

My car was starting fine before I took it to him.

Why don’t you ask your mechanic to explain this to all of us online! It is possible that he found exhaust system problems when he pulled the clutch. I doubt if that means the car won’t run, but it might be quite noisy or cause the check engine light to come on.
An old Jeep might be a money pit.

Sometimes rusty exhaust parts can’t be reused when removing and installing a transmission.

Before I took it to him, nothing was wrong with it. I had it check out and the mechanic told me it was the clutch.

Now the exhaust is messed up, why didn’t he tell me that before he fix or after I told him to tell me everything wrong with my car.