I got such great feedback re: my hybrid towing question (thanks again) that I should come back for more ideas!
OK - so the hybrid is out. I am looking for a Used - vehicle (car/suv/crossover) to meet the following criteria:
- tow roughly 3000 lbs - I will be buying a very small camper but don’t know the weight yet - though from what I’ve read so far - 2500 lbs seems in the ball park
- best possible gas mileage!! 90% of my driving will not be towing anything - mostly highway as I live in rural colorado
- cargo space for my dogs and to haul stuff - would be nice to fit 1/2 sheet of plywood.
- toyota, subaru, honda (?), Mazda (?); ford escape; all considered
- Highly Unlikely to buy a chevy, dodge, VW, Kia, . . . lots of others - see #4
- Preferably < $15k
any ideas to help narrow my choices would be greatly appreciated - this is just too much to juggle and I don’t know where to start