Sumitomo Tires

I have a 2001 Camry that needs new tires. My local dealer recommended a Sumitomo tire with 75,000 mile warrantee. I can’t find much info on the web on Sumitomo tires. Are they OK?

www/tirerack.com and look at reviews
decent tire but tirerack will give you a huge number of alternatives. also, compare mounted and balanced price of any tire you are comparing, not just the tire price (They can give you a cheap tire price and kill you on the mounting and balancing) . the whole thing tax and all tire rack prices, add about 10/tire for shipping plus about 20-25 for mounting and balancing then compare to local dealers. no taxes at tirerack. they are usually cheaper then local and all is said and done (better selection too) but not always

You can check them out at www.tirerack.com. Even if you don’t buy from them, their web site is excellent for research.

Also consider Kumho tires. I have them on two cars right now and they work well.

Mine were horrible SRIOXN, waste of money. However your model may differ.

Go to BJ’s or Sam’s Club or Costco and you will find better tires and better prices than your dealer. Dealers are wicked expensive when it comes to tires.