Subaru Forester transmission moaning

When my 2010 (under 6,000 miles) Forester is cold and I start from a stop, when it gets up to about 25 mph (just shifting into third) I get a moaning/whining noise. Any ideas?

2010 = warranty. Go ask your friendly Subaru dealer.

Yup!
The solution is spelled w-a-r-r-a-n-t-y.

Don’t even attempt to give them a diagnosis. Instead, request that a mechanic or the service manager go for a ride with you so that you can demonstrate the noise for them.

It’s at the dealer’s right now. They’ve “duplicated” my problem but claim to have no idea of the cause. According to the dealer, Subaru has no record of any complaints of this kind.

Just be sure to retain the documentation that lists your complaint about the transmission.
You have a very good Powertrain Warranty (5 yrs/60k miles), so if the trans fails any time during that period, the repairs will be free.

And, by retaining proof that you had a complaint (or two, or three) regarding the transmission during the warranty period, there is a good chance that you can also have the mfr cover the cost of repairs for a short period of time after the warranty period has ended.

According to the dealer, Subaru has no record of any complaints of this kind.

[b] It should now!  Give them a call.  [/b]