Subaru Forester - Replacement Clutch Shudders when Warm

I’ve read a lot of references to Subaru Forester clutch problems but all of them refer to the problem when the car is cold. I recently had the clutch replaced on my 99 Forester at 160k miles and it’s fine when it’s cold first thing in the morning.

However, the more I drive during the day, particularly if I’m stuck in traffic, the clutch gradually shudders more and more until it’s difficult to engage the transmission without violent shuddering.

Is it just a bad clutch? Poorly machined flywheel? Or is it something else that I’m just going to have to live with? I’ve loved this car but now it’s becoming pretty unpleasant to drive.

Does the clutch engage at a different place when warm vs cold? Best bad guess bad clutch master cylinder.

Thanks for answering my post.

When I first got the car back from the clutch replacement it seemed that it engaged very high which had me all screwed up for a while. But now it seems normal to me and I’m not sure if that’s because I got used to it or the point where it engages changed.

Could it have changed as a result of a bad master cylinder (and aslo cause the shudder)?

you are not getting full disengagement when it warms up, could be just low fluid in slave or master cylinder for clutch…