This is a 2010 Honda Odyssey 65K.
It has been running well until now. After not using it for many days because of the covid-19, I tried to start it. It cranked, started, and died after a few seconds, and the battery icon lighted up at the dashboard. When starting, the RPM did go up. Here is the video link: 2010 Honda Odyssey start and die
I have tried the followings:
- Put in a new battery. No change.
- Replaced the ignition switch. No change.
- Cleaned the Mass Air Flow sensor which looks OK to me but I had no experience. No change.
- Replaced the fuel pump relay. No change.
- Cleaned the throttle body valve. Still start and die. However, before cleaning, when I started the car, the RPM will go up and then down. But after cleaning, when I tried to start, I did observe that the RPM sometimes go up and down and go up again and then die, and sometimes RPM won’t have the second “up”. Not 100% sure though if it does the second up ever before I cleaned the throttle body.
The battery measured 12.4 v when off and 14.5 v when starting.
I also tried to press the gas when starting, the RPM will shoot up but it will still die after a few seconds. Here is the video where I tried twice to start the car. The first time at 0 to 0:14, you can see the RPM has the second “up”, and the second time (0:16-0:24), I simultaneously pressed down the gas paddle and the RPM shoot up and then come down.
Tried to start the car after cleaning the throttle body and pressing down the gas paddle
I don’t know what to do next. Please advise. Thank you all!