Strange behaviour at gas stations

I was driving on the interstate, I 90 and saw flight 191, one of the worst air disasters, the plane took off and made a path similar to the arch in St. Louis, saw it go up, then start coming down, it was about 1/3 of the way down of it’s downward leg when I lost sight of it, and then I saw the smoke in the rear view mirror, a surreal moment much like watching the am news of the first, plane fire, then second plane crash on 911.

Long ago, I bought a Honda 550 four and that thing was Cadillac quiet. It was eerie riding at 55 mph and only hearing wind noise.
Amazingly, the cops ignored me on that bike also. Seems you can nearly get away with murder if your bike is quiet.
I was hanging out at the legendary Luchenbach Texas, which was near where I live and some old lady came up to me and complemented me for having such a quiet bike and wondered what I did to make it that way. My response was “I just left it alone” I’ve been a quiet muffler fan ever since. This was before Luchenbach was made famous by that Waylon Jennings song and became a biker hangout. I never go there anymore, the place has been ruined by fame.

It seems like the pickup truck drivers have become the new bikers, not only making their vehicles loud but circumventing emissions controls in order to make as big a cloud of diesel smoke as possible. Real life versions of that vehicle Gru drove in that Dispicable Me movie.

Somebody once told me I should make my bike exhaust louder so people can hear me. No thanks…

There is some moron that comes by my neighborhood on occasion with the most ludicrous exhaust ever. You can he that idiot for MILES, no joke.

Then there is my neighbor with his motorcycle stereo…it’s so loud you can hear it a 1/2 mile away. Why even ride a bike if that’s what you’re going to do? Kinda like campers with the loud generator running all day…

I wholeheartedly agree. Don’t these people realize that they’re just making themselves look like inconsiderate, self-centered a*******?

Stereos on motorcycles? ¡Chingado cabrón! There is a point where it misses the whole point of a motorcycle.

Yeah I have a bud (maybe co worker is better) that smoked me once, for his fun while I was on my bicycle, and he was in his dodge whatever, diesel pick up truck, Jerk! You think it is funny, I do not. Why do you have to be such a jerk, etc., did not happen again.

My mo-ped was pretty quiet but the blinking tail light (made in Italy-no offense) got the attention of the Police. I will admit though that I used to take it out in the country on the gravel roads and pull the insert out of the muffler once in a while just to make it sound powerful.

What are we gonna do when we are all driving electric cars? Put a card in the spokes like I did with my bicycle? (Just for a day though, that racket got old fast and frankly, It felt silly.)

All the money you save on gas, buy a horn! @B.L.E

https://www.amazon.com/Train-Separate-Trumpets-12-Volt-Compressor/dp/B00AA1JW4E

or this

Or alternatively, a loud obnoxious stereo. Jerks will innovate.

I don’t really care about the loud bikes but the “coal rolling” trucks are downright obnoxious. They bypass the emissions controls with their programmers and such to be able to run at a WAY too rich condition, blowing lots of lots of black smoke. They are just wasting fuel and polluting if you ask me. The ones that are tuned right don’t smoke one bit. They are just polluting and being obnoxious.

AKA: Minnesota Nice