Stick with 2001 Camry with 168K, or invest in abused 2019 Outback with 6.5K?

That’s if.

What if a rocket lands on you?

You have entered another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound, but of mind. A journey into a land of imagination. Next stop, the Twilight Zone

4 Likes

“We”? I thought the car was to be given to you. Do you live with your brother?

Yes, I live with my father and brother out of economic necessity (exorbitantly expensive health problems). The car has been offered to me. If he understands that it’s mine, my brother is less likely touch it, because he knows I’ll retaliate. there is no evidence that he or his friends have ever touched the Camry.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is why truck drivers never have wrecks… :man_facepalming:

I have the up most respect for CDL truck drivers and have a lot of family members that have or do drive, my brother hauls doubles local, he has pulled tankers and even tankers carrying Sulfuric Acid, and has been driving for many years, about to retire in a year or 2… Does that mean he is a better driver then I am, I have never had a CDL, but other then a 18 wheeler type truck and trailer, I can out drive him AND out back a trailer to him… But there is NO skill gap at all…

And the reason some people never drove/drive for Nascar is because they didn’t grow up around racing and never had the financial backing to get into the sport in anyway…

Yes some people can drive better than others, but that has nothing to do with driving legal or not… And guess WHAT, NASCAR drivers wreck every week sometimes… As I believe Ryan Newman said one time after a crash, “I ran out of talent”… lol

1 Like

Nobody said trucks never have wrecks. They’re less likely to get into a wreck because they have training. That’s why truck companies hire CDL certified. This is basic stuff.

Its also rediculous of you to argue there is no skill gap. Go apply to be an F1 race driver or try to be an NBA player. Skill gap IS a REAL PHENOMINON. This is basic stuff.

Do you understand that if you hit and killed someone when this happened and you had no liability insurance then there’s a very good chance you’d be in financial ruin for the rest of your life? Stop giving bad advice.

2 Likes

As a Commercial Drivers License holder, I can assure you that the training needed to get and keep a CDL is not as advanced as you are perpetuating it to be.

3 Likes

This is truly some ridiculous statements showing lack of driving experience or maturity. We have had a number of tractor trailer accidents around here including fatals. I remember driving I 80 from desmoines to Iowa city after a snow storm and the ditches we lined with semis with good drivers. If you have spent some time on the road. There is no comparison with nascar track driving. All kinds of surprises await you on regular highway travel. And no insurance is just plain irresponsible.

3 Likes

+1
Circa 1981, I drove across Ohio on the Ohio Turnpike, during an unpredicted blizzard. Apparently the State of Ohio didn’t own any snowplows in those days, or their failed to deploy them, so that 3 lane highway was reduced to one lane of extremely slow traffic, just slogging along at low speed.

I lost count of the number of 18-wheelers that wound-up on the center median at extreme angles, but by keeping my little Chevy Citation’s stick shift in 2nd, I was able to get across the state without incident–even though it took over 6 hours. I guess I should be glad that I didn’t have CDL-level driving skills.
:thinking:

If that’s true, why has no member of this forum (folks with decades of driving experience) agreed with you?

That stuff is bound to happen when youre dumb. I was dumb and luckily did not hurt anyone. But I dum dum no more lol.

@eddo Training is still highly valuable. Things that could’ve been great is often mediocre because people don’t follow what’s in the training. The reason why so many people get into regular car wrecks is because they ignore some of the BASIC driving techniques written in the drivers manual.

Because it seems like some of yall more focused on making others look wrong instead of focusing on what is said.

It is only what you have said that we’re focused on.

2 Likes

Mr world wide, please share with us how you acquired such great driving skill and knowledge. Certainly not in drivers test manual. How was your experience in London or Norway mr. World wide? I first thought you were 25, then 20, now I think 15 with go kart track experience.

1 Like

Naturally, with age you become a better at anything.